Not just cute and quirky, Korean beauty is big business. $7.1bn of Korean skincare products were exported last year alone, proving its unusual ingredients – from snail secretion and volcanic clay to the more common ginseng and green tea – hold a certain charm with beauty buyers. Luckily, there’s no need to travel there to access authentic K-beauty. You’ll find the popular Pony Effect Makeup Arti-Stick cream to powder blush stick (£17.08) and cult favourite Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar lipgloss sticks (£7.72 each) on yesstyle.com, along with a host of other on-trend K-beauty products…
1. Isla Apothecary Skin Balm, £35 for 60ml; islaapothecary.com We love a multitasker. Cleanse, moisturise or prime with antioxidant-rich, cold-pressed fruit, nut and plant oils, including hemp and plum.
2. Bondi Sands Protect & Tan SPF 15 Tanning Oil, £14.99; boots.com Get a subtle tan while enjoying the sun safely with world’s only SPF to contain UVA protective DHA – the chemical that turns your skin brown.
3. Winky Lux Matcha Lip Balm, £10.46 for 4g; winkylux.com Soften, protect and repair your pout with green-tea powder, plus food-grade vanilla, coconut and avocado oils.
4. Yope Linden Natural Shower Gel, £7.99 for 400ml; yope.me/en Freshen up with this 93 per cent natural Linden shower gel – rich in flavonoids, mineral salts and vitamins.
5. Hairburst Growth and Volume Spray, £23.99 for 125ml; hairburst.com Prevent hair loss and add volume, fullness and strength with nettle leaf, wheat protein and vitamin B5.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Youth Glow Filter, £30 for 5.4g; charlottetilbury.com Choose your look, from Seduce Blush (nude pink with champagne highlighter) or Pretty Fresh (coral with pearlescent pink).
7. Elemis Targeted Toning Body moisturiser, £69 for 200ml; elemis.com This is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of cellulite by 64 per cent in eight weeks, thanks to natural extracts of plankton, jania rubens and nigari salts. Result!